Wright Township Cemeteries
Wright Township operates three cemeteries:
- The Marne Cemetery located on the south side of Hayes St. between 16th Avenue and State Street
- The Wells Cemetery on Cleveland Street east of 16th Avenue
- The Maple Hill Cemetery on 40th Avenue between Arthur Street and Cleveland Street behind the Seventh Day Adventist Church
To arrange a burial, contact the Clerk at 616-677-3048.
Opening/Closing: $450 regular vault $500 oversize vault $ 200 cremains
Grave Certificate Transfer Fee: $25.00
Setting of Foundations: 30 Cents per square inch. $85.00 minimum. Foundations in all Wright Township cemeteries include a 2″ border
Administrative Fee for Grave Opening and Closing and Setting of Foundations: $25.00
Thaw Blanket: Actual Cost
Snow Plowing: Actual Cost
Payments are made to: Wright Township Treasurer
* Residents are persons residing in or paying taxes to the Township of Wright.
Every earth interment shall be enclosed in a concrete box or a box of acceptable metal. Fiberglass is also acceptable.
Grave owners shall obtain authorization from the Township Board for grave transfers.
Cemetery Care Provided
The cemetery grounds are maintained by Wright Township Designee. Wright Township staff does not water or fertilize the grounds.
Wright Township allows visitation from 8:00 am to dusk. Cemeteries are patrolled by the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Department.
Burial Site Decoration
(Decorations must be removed by October 15)
- Urns or metal baskets placed within one foot of the headstone.
- Artificial flowers placed within one foot of the headstone.
Must be maintained or the Township has authority to remove.
- Annual flowers planted within one foot of the headstone
- Fences, railings, edging, or walls
- Gravel, brick, stone, or wood chips around the headstone
Under the direction of the Wright Township Board, the Designee shall have the power to remove, and dispose, from any lot, trees, branches, roots, shrubs or plants deemed offensive, unsightly, or injurious to the appearance of the surrounding lots or grounds. They shall have the power to remove any stone, monument, railing, or other structures, which they deem improper or offensive.